Jackson State (8-0)
The No. 5-ranked team in the FCS Coaches poll continues to dominate in all phases of the game under coach Deion Sanders. Heisman Trophy candidate quarterback Shedeur Sanders rushed for two touchdowns and threw for one as JSU defeated Southern 35-0 after ESPN's “College GameDay” put a spotlight on Jackson. The Tigers travel to Texas Southern for a 6 p.m. game Saturday.
Last week’s ranking: No. 1
2. Florida A&M (6-2) The Rattlers have won six consecutive games. Quarterback Jeremy Moussa passed for three touchdowns in a 27-6 win against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. A&M hosts Southern on Saturday.
Last week’s ranking: No. 2
3. North Carolina Central (6-2) North Carolina Central is used to playing close games and winning in the final minute. That’s exactly what happened as it defeated Delaware State 28-21. Howard visits the Eagles on Saturday. Last week’s ranking: No. 4
4. Southern (5-3) Southern was dominated by Jackson State, 35-0. The Jaguars travel to Florida A&M on Saturday. Last week’s ranking: No. 3 5. North Carolina A&T (5-3) North Carolina A&T overcame an 18-point deficit to defeat Campbell 45-38. The Bulldogs host Norfolk State on Saturday. Last week’s ranking: No. 6
6. Alabama State (5-3) Alabama State snapped a four-game losing streak to Alabama A&M in the Magic City Classic beating them 24-17. State travels to Bethune-Cookman on Saturday. Last week’s ranking: No. 10
7. Hampton (4-4) Villanova held Hampton without a touchdown in the first half. It was enough to win 24-10. Hampton hosts William & Mary on Saturday. Last week’s ranking: No. 7
8. Prairie View A&M (5-3) Prairie View outscored Bethune-Cookman 58-48 to win. The victory puts the Panthers in first place in the SWAC West Division. Alcorn State comes in for “Friday Night Lights” at 6:30 p.m. Last week’s ranking: No. 8
9. Delaware State (4-4) Delaware State is going to be sick after losing to North Carolina Central in the final minute, 28-21. The Hornets travel to South Carolina State on Saturday.